Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's hard to blog with a thirteen month old in your lap

Well, it hasn't been a full year since my last update, nearly but not a full year. The last few months since I last wrote have been a whirlwind of smiles, tears, milestones and fun!

Most recently we celebrated Lily"s 9th birthday, kind of makes my heart beat fast to say that out loud. It makes me realize that next year is double digits, after that comes the teenager, then driving, then, oh man, Ive got to quit before I panic.






We celebrated Lu's big day over an entire weekend, she deserved it! Friday night was our family's dinner at Sumo






Saturday night (I stressed over the most) was her good, old fashion slumber party! We had nine girls including Lily having a blast with tie dye, makeovers, manicures, Just Dance & movies. It really was a success, but I have to give the credit to three of my best friends, Melissa, Leigh Ann & Brandi who came early, stayed late and were my heroes.

Last but not least was Sunday afternoon on which we partied at the skating rink! Now that was the best part of the whole weekend to me, the kids all had fun, skating and playing laser tag. We parents didn't have a bad time though, I'd forgotten how much fun it was to skate, I will be going again soon!








Over all Lu had a great birthday, she's got tons of new stuff, way too much birthday money (she's saving for an ipad!) and a new beginning on a whole year of being nine years old. She is such an amazing kid, how did we get so lucky? She's compassionate, responsible, talented, incredibly smart and at the same time she's silly, hilarious, a goof ball and one of my absolute favorite people ever!

While I'm on birthdays, just a little over a month before our oldest we celebrated our little guy's! Waylon turned one in style with a Yo Gabba Gabba party, he could care less about the presents and people, he wanted the balloons and wrapping paper. Of course he received too many toys and I'm still having trouble finding a place for all of them but you only turn one once, so you might as well do it up right, whether he remembers or not, I'll show him the pictures.






Waylon is growing so quickly! It seems as if it was just yesterday that I was still pregnant and miserable! Impatiently waiting on him to make his arrival! Well he finally did and he's been running ever since! He fits that missing piece of the puzzle of our little family perfectly. Seeing my children grow together and love one another has brought so much joy to my life, Way looks up to and copies everything his Sissy does and Lu adores and dotes over her little bubba. They are too precious!
I'll wrap this one up with the intentions of updating again soon, and more frequently. I would love to figure the whole mobile blogging thing out, since its hard for me to have the chance to sit down for more then a minute in front of my computer.
I've got tons of new pictures to share and events to talk about, so I'm hoping I can stick with it!


1 comment:

  1. She's a delightful young lady. Glad she had a great birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete